Recruitment/ Vacancy Details
Table Of Content
- 1 Recruitment/ Vacancy Details
- 2 About the Recruiting Organisation
- 3 Details of Job Post
- 4 Age Criteria for the Post
- 5 Pay Scale / Salary
- 6 Important Dates
- 7 Application Fees (if any)
- 8 Payment Method
- 9 General Instructions
- 10 Organization Address
- 11 Important Links
- 12 HOW TO APPLY:
- 13 Selection Process:
National Institute of Open Schooling Vacancy Advertise No. / Ref No.
Advt. No. NIOS/RC/01/2021
About the Recruiting Organisation
The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) is an autonomous institution under the Deptt. of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Education, Government of India.
The Institute is committed to quality education through open and distance learning modes up to the pre-degree level. NIOS invites online applications from eligible candidates for the following posts:-
For more govt jobs click here
Details of Job Post
S.No. Name of the Post
1. Director (Evaluation)
2. Joint Director (Media) #
3. Deputy Director (Accounts)
4. Assistant Director (Admn.)
5. Accounts Officer
6. Academic Officer #
7. Research & Evaluation Officer
8. Section Officer
9. Assistant Engineer (Civil) #
10. Hindi Officer #
11. Assistant Audit Officer
12. EDP Supervisor #
13. Junior Engineer (Electrical) #
14. Assistant #
15. Stenographer #
16. Junior Assistant #
Age Criteria for the Post
Please check details from the recruitment rules for the advertised posts
Pay Scale / Salary
S.No. Name of the Post Pay Scale in the Pay Matrix
1. Director (Evaluation) Level-13 of 7th CPC Rs.123100-215900)
2. Joint Director (Media) # Level-13 of 7th CPC (Rs.123100-215900)
3. Deputy Director (Accounts) Level-12 of 7th CPC (Rs.78800-209200)
4. Assistant Director (Admn.) Level—11 of 7th CPC (Rs. 67700-208700)
5. Accounts Officer Level—11 of 7th CPC (Rs. 67700-208700)
6. Academic Officer # Level-10 of 7th CPC (Rs.56100-177500)
7. Research & Evaluation Officer Level-10 of 7th CPC (Rs.56100-177500)
8. Section Officer Level-7 of 7th CPC (Rs.44900-142400)
9. Assistant Engineer (Civil) # Level-7 of 7th CPC (Rs. 44900-142400)
10. Hindi Officer # Level-7 of 7th CPC (Rs. 44900-142400)
11. Assistant Audit Officer Level-7 of 7th CPC (Rs. 44900-142400)
12. EDP Supervisor # Level-6 of 7th CPC (Rs.35400-112400)
13. Junior Engineer (Electrical) # Level-6 of 7th CPC (Rs.35400-112400)
14. Assistant # Level-4 of 7th CPC (Rs.25500-81100)
15. Stenographer # Level-4 of 7th CPC (Rs.25500-81100)
16. Junior Assistant # Level-2 of 7th CPC (Rs.19900-63200)
|Last Date for submitting an application||10th October, 2021 till 11.59 p.m.|
Application Fees (if any)
The application Fee is to be paid online. Details of which is as under:
1. Group ‘A’ (UR, OBC) Rs. 750.00
2. Group ‘B’ & ‘C’ (UR, OBC) Rs. 500.00
3. Group ‘A’ & ‘B’ (SC/ST, EWS) Rs. 250.00
4. Group ‘C’ (SC/ST, EWS) Rs. 150.00
NOTE: Rs 50/- will be charged as an online processing fee (other than Application Fee) for each online transaction.
However, PwD categories with a minimum of 40% disability are exempted from payment.
Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Application without the prescribed fee will not be entertained and summarily rejected. No representation against such rejection would be
Online Payment Only
- Relevant extracts from the General Rules of Recruitment and Promotion
of Academic and Non-Academic Staff of NIOS (Part-I & II) (as amended
upto March 2007) is reproduced below;
4.1 Direct Recruitment by Open Selection
4.1.2 Direct Recruitment means Open Recruitment and Selection on the basis of an interview. However, the selection may be on the basis of a written test/skill test and/or interview as may be decided by the Appointing Authority.
4.1.6 Written/Skill Test
The details of written examination and Skill Test for the purpose of open recruitment or promotion to various posts in the NIOS will be as specified by the Appointing Authority
|Candidates called for a written test/skill test/interview are required to make their own arrangements for their travel and stay and they are not entitled for any reimbursement. However, candidates belonging to SC/ST will be paid travelling allowance while attending interview/skill test as per Govt of India Rules.|
National Institute of Open Schooling
Sector – 62,
Distt. Gautam Budh Nagar, Uttar Pradesh – 201 309
|Apply Online Link||Registration / Login|
|Notification Link||Click Here|
|Detailed Job Description||Click Here|
|Official Link||Click Here|
HOW TO APPLY:
STEP 2: Read the vacancy details, instructions, how to apply and other details carefully and ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria of the post you are applying for.
STEP 3: Click on the “Apply Now”, to start the online registration for submission of your application for the selected post.
STEP 4: In the Basic Details section, select the “Post” and specify the candidate’s full name, father name, mother name, date of birth, gender, mobile number and email address. Kindly note that the mobile number and email address will be used for sending a One Time Password (OTP). After authentication of the OTP, the given mobile number and email address will be treated as registered mobile number and email address for the candidate for the selected post. Fill up the online application form with your details. Follow the on-screen instructions during the online registration of the application form. Click on the “Generate OTP” button and then fill the OTP in the visible OTP box.
STEP 5: After successful authentication of OTP, fill the other details in the registration form like Educational Qualifications, Details of experience of Regular Employment etc. and then upload the required documents. The credentials (username and password) will be sent to the registered email address. Using these credentials, you can login into your account to edit the application details. Note that you can edit the application until you pay the application fee. After the application fee is paid, you cannot edit the details in the application.
STEP 6: After reviewing the application form, pay the required application fee as prescribed in the instructions. A unique registration no. shall appear on the screen after the final submission of the application.
- Criteria for shortlisting and selection of the candidates:
● For the post of Director (Evaluation), Joint Director (Media),
Deputy Director(Accounts), Assistant Director (Admn.),
Accounts Officer, Academic Officer, Research & Evaluation
Officer, Assistant Engineer (Civil) and Assistant Audit Officer,
NIOS reserves the rights to fix a criteria for shortlisting the
applications taking into account the number of posts and the
number of applications received keeping in view the qualifications
and experience prescribed.
● For the post of Section Officer and Hindi Officer candidate
required to appear in Written Test and Interview.
● For the post of EDP Supervisor, Assistant, Stenographer and
Junior Assistant candidates are required to appear in the Written
Test and Skill Test. Skill Test will be qualifying in nature.
● For the post of Junior Engineer (Electrical), NIOS may hold Skill
Test confined to the electrical and maintenance work of a real time
● Scheme of Examinations and Detailed syllabus available on